Update to iRidium V2.1 on iOS
- Attention! Important information for those who work with iRidium on iOS!
- On August 30 we released a new iRidium version (V2.1).
- The version includes updated iRidium Environment and i2 Control for iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod touch).
- Read this article before installing i2 Control on your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch or updating to Apple iOS 7!
|When updating your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch to Apple iOS 7 and/or iRidium V2.1|
you need to activate your iRidium licenses again in the MY ACCOUNT section of the iRidium mobile web site.
Then you will need to form the list of iOS devices in the Panels window of the Transfer application.
Information is important for those who work with i2 Control (V2.1) on iOS and use Device Licenses. Site Licenses uploaded on iOS devices work without any change.
Switching to iRidium (V2.1) will change UDID to HWID irrespective to whether you update your iOS version or not.
The reason of changing the device identifier from UDID to HWID is the new policy of the Apple company. It includes banning of UDID use in the applications on the AppStore. The new rules were introduced in May of 2013.
How will it affect my clients – iRidium users?
If users update the application on their iPad, iPhone, to i2 Control V2.1 the application will continue working without any change.
If users update the application on their iPad, iPhone, to i2 Control V2.1 and then install Apple iOS 7 (or stay on Apple iOS 6), the application will continue working without any change.
Also there will not be any changes if user install Apple iOS 7, and then update i2 Control to V2.1 RIGHT AWAY.
The update of iRidium and Apple iOS versions can affect users only in one case:
the project will not work if Apple iOS 7 is already installed but i2 Control hasn’t been updated to V2.1. Warn your clients about it! You need to update i2 Control on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch via the AppStore, if you plan to upgrade to Apple iOS 7.
How will it affect me – iRidium integrator?
If you want to update the project on the iOS device with new i2 Control (V2.1):
- You need to update all iRidium components on your PC
- You will not be able to update the project via Transfer right away as iOS devices received a new identifier - HWID
It looks as Transfer does not "see" iOS devices. You need to delete all iOS devices from the list of Panels in Transfer (save old UDIDs to deactivate licenses assigned to them). Then form a new list of iOS device with new identifiers (HWID) with the help of the "Search" function.
#The licenses which were generated for iOS before cannot be used when uploading projects on i2 Control (V2.1)
The licenses assigned to iOS devices by UDID should be deactivated in the MY ACCOUNT section of the iRidium mobile web site and then activated again using a new device identifier - HWID. In order to do that the additional possibility of license deactivation is added for all purchased licenses.
|Before installing Apple iOS 7 update iRidium to V2.1 via the AppStore. |
Otherwise, when switching to iOS 7 with installed i2 Control V2.0.7, projects uploaded on iOS devices will not work until updating to i2 Control V2.1.
Update to i2 Control (V2.1) is necessary as Apple iOS 7 generates a new identifier (HWID instead of UDID in previous versions) for your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch. As a result licenses activated with UDID will stop working on iOS 7 if the application is not updated to V2.1. New version of i2 Control (V2.1) compensates the change of UDID to HWID and projects uploaded on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch before work as usual.
What will happen if I update to Apple iOS 7, but not i2 Control?
Your project will stop connecting to the controlled equipment:
it will not be able to use the old license, so it will stop working! You will see the sign "License Not Found" in the window of the i2 Control application. There will not be connection with the controlled equipment. To avoid this situation, update to iRidium V2.1 right after the installation of iOS 7 (or before it) and you project will keep functioning without any problems. In order to update your project on iOS you will need to renew the license and the list of Panels in Transfer (see Instructions in the end of this article).
I installed Apple iOS 7 and my project stopped working! What should I do?
update the i2 Control application from the AppStore – the project will start working as usual. Then follow instructions for renewing licenses for working with iRidium v2.1 on iOS (see them in the end of this article).
i2 Control works but I cannot update my project . What can I do to fix that?! (Transfer does not see my iPad/iPhone)
If the project works but you cannot see it in Transfer (or the update does not work) it means you haven’t renewed the licenses and the list of Panels in Transfer. See Instructions in the end of this article.
|The i2 Control (V2.1) application for iOS cannot be installed on iPads|
of the first generation and other outdated devices without iOS 6,7 support.
You can see the list of supported devices in the section Requirements
i2 Control (V2.1) for iOS cannot be installed on devices with iOS 5 and earlier. This includes iPad 1.
You need to use iPads of generations later than the first one for working with iRidium V2.1. In order to switch to a new device the integrator can use the additional possibility of activation which every purchased license has. You don’t need to buy a license again.
What will happen with my iPad 1? Will I be able to use iRidium on it?
If you delete i2 Control (V2.0.7) or its older version from your iPad 1, you will not be able to install the application from the AppStore, as the current version of i2 Control has limitations by the iOS version (iOS 6 and later).
Ways of restoring the i2 Control (V2.0.7) application on iPad 1 if it was deleted:
- to synchronize with iTunes, if the i2 Control (V2.0.7) application was stored there
- to restore iPad from the iTunes backup copy, if the application had not been deleted before of the backup copy was saved
Instructions: How to renew the license for iOS and enable project upload on the panel
- Install new iRidium Environment V2.1 from the iRidium mobile web site on your PC.
- Update the i2 Control application on iOS devices to V2.1 via the AppStore.
- Launch the iRidium Transfer application on your PC.
- Find all iOS based devices in the list of "Panels" in Transfer, copy their UDIDs in the text file – these are the OUTDATED identifiers of iOS devices which were used for activation of iRidium licenses before.
- DELETE all these iOS devices from the list of Panels in Transfer. You will not need them any more as iOS devices with i2 Control (V2.1) use new identifiers – HWIDs.
- Launch the i2 Control (V2.1) application on your iOS devices and activate the [[IRidium Transfer. Fast Start# Find the Panel with the Installed iRidium App in the Network and Add It to the Transfer List|"Search" function in Transfer – devices with new identifiers will be automatically added in the list of "Panels". But license files activated with old UDID will not work!
- Go to the MY ACCOUNT section of the iRidium mobile web site, log in. In the "MY LICENSES" section find the keys which were activated for iOS devices using old UDID (compare them to the list of old UDID which you saved in the text document), deactivate the licenses (you have an additional possibility to deactivate purchased licenses even if you already used the ones which were given to you by default).
- Activate the licenses again using NEW identifiers of iOS devices received with the help of the "Search" function which searches for the panels with installed i2 Control (V2.1).
- Add new license files to Transfer instead of the old ones – they will be automatically assigned to the corresponding panels.
Everything is ready! You can upload projects and licenses on iOS devices and use all iRidium capabilities!
Remember that i2 Control V2.1 for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch can change its HWID if you delete the application and then install it again! Do not delete i2 Control V2.1 on iOS if you have already activated licenses for the device!