I2 Control V2.2 for Android
i2 Control V2.2 is a client application inside which you can launch iRidium visualization interface.
i2 Control V2.2 can be installed on the tablet or smart phone on the base of Android v.2.3 and later.
The iRidium visualization project can be launched on Android only in the i2 Control V2.2 application, installed from Google Play or the iRidium mobile web site.
The visualization project can be changed only in iRidium GUI Editor on PC.
Installation of i2 Control V2.2
The application is available for installation on Google Play or iRidium mobile web site:
а. Installation from Google Play
- Open Google Play on your Android based device, find the i2 Control V2.2 application through Search and install it.
b. Installation from the iRidium mobile web site
- If Google Play does not allow you to install i2 Control V2.2 ("the application is not supported by this device"):
- Open "Settings" on the Android based device
- Allow installation of third-party applications, the item "Unknown resources".
Usually this item is located in the section "Security > Device administration". But depending on the Android version it can be in another section, for example, "Applications".
- Download the *.apk file of the i2 Contro application form the iRidium mobile web site via the browser of your Android based device
- Start installation of the application through the menu "Downloads" or with the help of a file manager (for example, "File Expert").
- You can also download and install the apk file of the application on your PC and then upload it on the memory card of your Android based device for installation with the help of the file manager.
Upload of Projects and Licenses in i2 Control V2.2
The project can be uploaded on the control panel from PC with the help of iRidium Transfer or by the link from the remote resource (НТТР/HTTPs). The i2 Control V2.2 application supports upload of several projects.
i2 Control V2.2 Setings
Access to the i2 Control V2.2 settings:
а. With the help of the command from iRidium Transfer
- Make sure the i2 Control V2.2 application is launched on the control panel
- Start iRidium Transfer, select the control panel, click it with the right mouse button
- Select the item "Show System Menu" – the settings window will open in i2 Control V2.2
b. By clicking the Menu button
- Launch i2 Control V2.2, click the hardware button Menu on your Android based device
- Input the password: 2007
c. By holding a finger on the screen * it can be deactivated in the i2 Control V2.2 settings
- Launch i2 Control V2.2, hold a finger in any area of the project where there sre no active buttons (background, area between buttons, etc.)
- Hold the finger for 10 seconds
- Input the password: 2007
i2 Control V2.2 settings:
||Settings of the i2 Control V2.2 application available for editing during project work.|
||Settings of project update on the control panel.
Host – the IP-address of the PC from which the update is performed. It will be written at "Search" of control panels in iRidium Transfer automatically.
Port – the ТСР port for updating iRidium projects. It is not recommended to change it! If you need to change Update Port, do it in the Transfer settings.
Enable – activate/deactivate the project update function on the control panel.
Update Now – start the project update from the indicated Host:Port
||Password 1 - Password 4 - passwords for accessing project pages. They can be changed for the project version uploaded on the panel. When using passwords it is recommended to disable the option of entering the menu "on hold" in the tab Info (Enable System Menu > Off)|
||Disable NPot texture – it disable support of textures which cannot be divided by 2. On the outdated video cards it gives graphics performance improvement by increasing the required memory of the 3D accelerator.|
||Scale Type – the way of project scaling (if the project resolution differs from the screen resolution)
Brightness – control of the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch screen brightness
||Drivers in the project. The settings of connection to equipment can be changed in the driver list.|
||There are no properties in this section yet.|
||Volume – the sound volume in the application
Mute – turn on/off the sound in the application
||Remote Debugging. It sends the log of i2 Control V2.2 work to the remote PC with the installed Syslog server. The server address and logging depth are set up.
Show FPS – to show the speed of interface update (frames per second)
Show License Message – to show/hide the message informing that the project is working without a license.
Enable System Menu – to enable/disable activation of the i2 Control V2.2 settings by holding a finger in the application window.
Version... – the i2 Control V2.2 version.
HWID... – the identifier of the panel. It is used at licensing.
- I cannot find i2 Control V2.2 on GooglePlay from my tablet (smart phone)
- It might happen if the tablet (smart phone) doesn’t have some sensors (GPS, gyroscope, etc.) or it doesn’t have the SD card. It doesn’t affect work of i2 Control V2.2 but will not let you find the app on GooglePlay. To install i2 Control V2.2, download the file from the iRidium mobile web site.
- It is impossible to input the password (text) from the Android keyboard
- if you have a third-party keyboard installed, return to the standard one
- deactivate the voice input
- deactivate the Т9 mode
- It is impossible to set up the screen brightness from iRidium
- This function is supported only by iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch)
- The screen doesn’t turn when the tablet (smart phone) is turned
- Try adding tags from the tab System Tokens > Accelerometer in your project. Sometimes it is necessary to use accelerometer data in the project to get access to it when turning the device.
- My HTC smart phone cannot be found and displayed in Transfer
- Some HTC models do not support the UDP protocol because of specifics of their firmware. It makes Search of such devices, indication of the panel state (green/red indicator in Transfer) and update by clicking the button in Transfer impossible. See the solution here